The museum’s audio guide
The museum's audio guide presents the history of the museum, the rooms and the essential works, in 53 tracks. The audio guide is also available at museum reception (equipment rental: 2€).
Download the tracks onto an mp3 player, a mobile phone or a computer.
Click on the track and you can listen to the commentary directly before downloading it.
From the monastery to the museum
- 100. The monastery of the Augustinians monks
- 101. At the time of the Revolution : the monastery becomes a museum
- 102. The Musée des Augustins in the 20th century
- 200. Toulouse Romanesque cloisters – 12th century
- 201. Capitals at the Priory of Notre-Dame de La Daurade
- 220. La Daurade First Workshop - circa 1100-1110
- 230. La Daurade Second Workshop - circa 1120-1130
- 231. Capital The Arrest of Christ – circa 1120-1130
- 240. La Daurade Third Workshop – third quarter of the 12th century
- 250. Saint-Sernin basilica capitals - First third of the 12th century
- 251. Bas-relief Sign of the Lion and Sign of the Ram - circa 1100
- 260. Romanesque sculptures of St Etienne cathedral – 12th century
- 261. Capital The Death of St John the Baptist – circa 1120-1130
- 263 Apostles from the cloister of Saint-Etienne cathedral, Saint Thomas and Saint Andrew – second quarter of the 12th century
- 300. Presentation of the Gothic rooms
- 310. Virgin and Child, known as Our Lady of the Palace - 14th century.
- 315. Recumbent effigy of a Count of Comminges – Beginning of the 14th century
- 320. Sarcophagus of the Knight of Palays – circa 1300
- 330. Statues of the Rieux chapel - circa 1333-1344
- 340. Altarpiece with scenes of the Passion – 15th century.
- 345. The Crucifixion from the Toulouse Parliament – end of the 15th century.
- 350. Nostre Dame de Grasse (Our Lady of Grace) - circa 1470-1480
- 351. The restoration of Nostre Dame de Grasse
The Church and works in the church
- 400. Presentation of the church of the museum
- 410. Pietro Vanucci known as Perugino - St John the Evangelist and St Augustine - circa 1505.
- 412. Sibyls and Prophets from Saint-Sernin - 1523
- 415. Dame Tholose - 1550
- 420. Rubens - Christ between the Two Thieves – second quarter of the 17th century.
- 430. Murillo - Miracle de Saint Diego de Alcala de Henares - 1646.
- 501. Presentation of the green room
- 510. Cornelis Cornelisz van Haarlem - The Corruption of the World before the Flood - 1616
- 520. Louise Moillon - Basket of Plums and Basket of Strawberries - 1632
- 530. Francesco Guardi - The Rialto Bridge in Venice – second half of the 18th century.
- 540. Presentation of the white room
- 545. Marc Arcis - Louis XIV – circa 1675
- 550. Valentin de Boulogne – Judith – circa 1625
- 555. Philippe de Champaigne - The Duke of Longueville being received into the Order of the Holy Spirit - 1634
- 560. Pierre Subleyras - Attributes of the Art – second quarter of the 18th century.
- 565. Jean-Baptiste Oudry - Louis XV stag hunting in the forest of Saint Germain-en-Laye - 1730
- 570. Philippe-laurent Rolland – Bust of Jean-Antoine Chaptal - 1802
- 575. Elisabeth Vigée-Lebrun - Baroness de Crussol - 1785
- 600. Presentation of the Red room
- 610. Eugène Delacroix - Sultan Moulay Abd Er Rahman leaving his palace at Meknes - 1845.
- 620. Benjamin-Constant - Entry of Mohammed II into Constantinople in 1453 - 1876
- 630. James Pradier - Chloris caressed by Zephyr - 1849
- 640. The paintings of Jean Paul Laurens (1838-1921) in the museum
- 650. Berthe Morisot - Young Girl in a Park - 1893.
- 660. Henri de Toulouse Lautrec - Woman in a Corset or A Passing Conquest - 1896.
Darcy wing and staircase
- 700. Presentation of the Darcy wing
- 710. Barye - Charles VI seized by madness in the forest of Le Mans - 1833 (date of the original cast)
- 720. The work of Alexandre Falguière (1831-1900) in the museum
- 730. Eugène Thivier - The Nightmare - 1894
- 740. Sylvestre Clerc - Hercules as a Child - 1928